Mmmmmm pizza. Crispy thin dough base, smothered with tangy tomato sauce some salty ham and melting mozzarella. As glorious as this sounds it’s hardly what you would consider a sensible option when you are trying to watch what you eat. Now I’m all for treating yourself, remember life is about balance but if you want to try and make something as scrumptious but a more angelic option then try this. The secret is all in the base – a wholemeal tortilla base!
1 x wholemeal tortilla base
Reduced fat grated mozzarella
Your toppings of choice (I like char-grilled chicken and Parma ham)
- Place the tortilla wrap on a baking tray
- Mix together some pasata and tomato puree and spread on the tortilla wrap just missing going right out to the edges.
- Put your toppings on your pizza and finish it off by sprinkling the mozzarella on top.
- Place in the oven at around 200F fan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted.
- Mama mia you have the best pizza!